The production manager is responsible for leading the production at the Station including planning, organizing and executing all production elements in the studio and the field.
Lead Production Personnel: Hiring and Scheduling/Manage Production Automation System
Oversee the Ignite environment including:
– Training and scheduling of Ignite directors.
– Work with the news department and provide for the programming of Ignite to fulfill the news strategy.
– Provide a regularly tested disaster recovery for Ignite automation.
– Continually assess and develop Ignite best practices and provide direction on future updates for the system.
– Post employment opportunities for any employee vacancy; interview and hire production employee candidates.
– Write and perform annual performance reviews for production staff.
– Collection, collation and verification of time cards for entire production department.
– Coordination of annual vacation days, and records of employee sick days.
– Daily scheduling for emergency fill-ins for vacant positions due to illness or employee emergency.
– Designate personnel for on-call schedules, if any.
Studios: Scheduling, Coordination and Maintenance
– Oversee scheduled studio time for Studios A and B..
– Oversee all maintenance of Studios A and B
– Determine in advance all studio supply and equipment requirements; making the ordering/purchasing of said supplies and equipment.
– Authorize expenses for repairs, equipment and expendables within predetermined budgetary constraints.
– Consult on any studio changes.
– Receive complaints, interpret problems and determine solutions for broken studio and control room equipment.
– Work with the News Director and the General Manager to achieve required lighting look for all on-air product.
– Maintain lighting integrity of studio sets and set designs.
Controllo di qualità
– Read and follow up on the daily show quality control reports in an effort to improve on air performance.
– Generate capital budget requests for production department – for both present and future years.
– Manage departments annual budget.
– Oversee coordination and set-up with all departments for any special events; ex.: sales, news, investigators, consumer team, art, etc.
– Determine technical & personnel requirements for special productions on location.
– Direct news as needed.
– Read trades to be current on industry practices & innovations.